The United Kingdom has some amazing travel treasures for vacationers, but if you are in mood for something unique and different, Cornwall can be a great pick. It is a duchy, which is located in the southwest of the country. Best known for being the home to legendary King Arthur, Cornwall offers some great options for every kind of traveler.
Things to enjoy and see
Cornwall is best known for cultural tourism, and the people here are extremely proud of their Celtic identity. There’s everything that you would need for a relaxed vacation, from the simple cafes and great seafood restaurants to some amazing self-catering homes and cottages. Here are some of the places you must visit here.
- Bude is a great place for beach lovers. You have beaches like Summerleaze and Widemouth, where surfing can be enjoyed all the time. The facilities are pretty good, and there are some nice seafood restaurants around the beaches.
- Padstow is great, if you want to enjoy nature. The harbor is the most popular places here, and people like staying in self-catering homes around it and the fishing villages. You should take your kids to The National Lobster Hatchery, where they can see lobsters that are hatched and sent to the sea.
- One of the better known places is Bodmin Moor, which is famed for Arthur’s Hall. Here, you can see a small lake known as Dozmary Pool, and there’s Brown Willy, which is the highest point of Cornwall.
- You might also want to pay a visit to the Eden Project, which is open between 9 am and 6 pm every day, except for Christmas. Here, there’s an amazing mix of flora, saved nicely in two transparent domes.
- Not to forget, you have to visit the Tintagel Castle, which is one of the best castles of the medieval times and is known to be the birth place of King Arthur.
- The National Maritime Museum is also a good place of interest.
Planning your vacation!
Before you book the tickets, check for a Cornwall holiday company, which can help in planning the trip. You can get good apartment and home rentals at pretty affordable prices and these are certainly better than hotels, as far as ambience and location is concerned.
Finally, do taste Cornish cream tea here, which is quite famous. Also, spend some time around the local cafes and restaurants for some great food.