If you are planning your first beach vacation, given below are a few important tips you should follow to ensure you enjoy the trip without encountering some minor hassles –
- If you are carrying food, pack lunches in separate small containers. This way you can open and finish one container at a time without exposure to sand etc.
- After food, medication is the next important item to take along. If you or any of your family members have special medical needs, ensure the required medication goes with you. In the case of any medical emergency, you may not have access to medicines or nearby pharmacies.
- When visiting a beach, sand seems to permeate into every corner of any bags carried. A good tip to avoid this would be to use mesh tote bags. One shake of the bag will get rid of such unwanted sand.
- Use water shoes or flip flops when walking on the beach or in the water. This will protect your feet from getting any grazes or cuts.
- Another good idea is to carry a yoga mat. A yoga mat instead of the usual towel used to lie on the beach sand will be waterproof and provide some cushioning.
- When spending time at the beach, there will always be resultant trash. To keep things neat and tidy, carry a few plastic bags to put such t rash in. You can then dispose of the same later.
- If there are any tidal pools you wish to explore, be cautious. Such pools generally hold a lot of life such as starfish, snails, molluscs,
- Along the same lines, carry a can of bug spray during beach vacations. Insects of all types could be buzzing around so make sure you are protected.
At the end of your beach vacation, it is time to get into your car for the journey home. How awful if you carry all that picked-up sand into your car. To avoid this problem, you should purchase a nice soft-bristled broom and dust your clothes, body, footwear and other items – before you start the drive home.